Families and Young Persons Information
Bradford’s Local Offer
The Local Offer sets out in one place information about provision available across education, health and social care for children and young people who have Special Educational Needs (SEN) or are disabled. This includes those who do not have Education, Health and Care (EHC) plans.
Support with issues around benefits, work, debt and money, housing, law and courts, family, immigration and health.
Telephone: 03442 451282.
Benefits and housing
- Self-employment and Universal Credit
- Universal Credit Helpline: 0800 328 5644
- Housing and rent
- Free school meals
Coronavirus advice and information
The NHS website has information and support for your mental health.
Group support for men. Millside Centre, Bradford. Drop in group every Mondays at 7pm except for bank holidays.
For further details please visit the Andy’s Manclub website.
Help with food and baby basics
For help with baby milk, nappies:
Bradford vineyard: The aim is to provide good quality, new and second-hand baby clothes and equipment (for up to 5 year olds) completely free of charge, to anyone who needs it.
Bradford Rape Crisis & Sexual Abuse Survivors Service
Bradford Survive and Thrive
Telephone: 0808 2800 999
Domestic abuse support providing a gateway to the following services:
- Community IDVA/ISVAs – providing practical and emotional support
- Temporary safe accommodation including refuge and dispersed homes
- Recovery and resilience building – bespoke group work offer
- Early intervention and prevention capacity building
- Adult domestic abuse and sexual violence counselling
- Integrated children’s services
- Bradford MAZE perpetrator programme
- Sanctuary Scheme – panic alarms and lock changes
Connecting Roma C.I.C
A service for the Roma community provided through Roma workers.
Please note there is a price for the service depending on the level of support required.
Oasis Recovery Communities: Addictions
21 Bolling Road
Telephone: 020 3733 5467
Specialist support for parents and carers of children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) in the Bradford area and for their children too.
Barnardo’s, Unit 40 – 42
Listerhills Science Park
Step 2 offers a range of services to young people.
Stay at home online resources for early years
- Hungry little minds – Simple fun activities for kids from newborn to five years of age
- Tiny happy people – Explore our simple activities and play ideas and find out about their amazing early development
- NSPCC Look, sing, play – fun tips and ideas to play with baby
Resources for primary ages
- Free access to twinkl – online education resource and learning site.
- Free access to Khan Academy – maths and computing online
- Free resources Oxford Owl – resources for primary age
- Free BBC learning resources – lessons and learning activities
Resources for secondary ages
- BBC learning resources – lessons and learning activities
- Seneca – GCSE Revision support
- Open learn– Free taster courses
Online parenting programmes
The Netmums Parenting Course is based on the Family Links ‘Nurturing Programme’. It can be done free of charge online.
Free parenting resources
The domestic violence programme can be done online for £12.
The best start in life
Top tips, free recipes, videos for families on healthy eating right from the start and growing up with healthy teeth.
Information for parents whose children are at risk of sexual exploitation.