Complaint form – child or young person

What can you do if you have a problem with our services?

  • Talk to an adult you trust 
  • Mention it in your review (a review is a meeting about how you are getting on) 
  • Use the “moans and groans” book if you are living in a children’s home 
  • Talk to an advocate – they can help you to try and sort it out 
  • Contact the Customer Care team at Bradford Children and Families Trust. Find out how to do this below.

Sometimes talking about what worries you is the fastest way to resolve the situation.

If you are a looked after child or young person you have the right to have an Advocate from The Children’s Society.

An Advocate can speak up for you and can help you to get something stopped, started or changed.

An Advocate can:

  • help you to sort problems out 
  • speak on your behalf 
  • help you and support you when you make a complaint

Contact details

The Children’s Society
Telephone: 0808 1754574

You can make a complaint

If things have not been sorted and you are still not happy about it, you can contact the Customer Care team directly or you can ask your Advocate to do it for you.

Telephone: 01274 432090

If your complaint is about a service we run, then please complete the form below:

    Which is the preferred method that we can contact you by?

    You have made a complaint – what next?

    The Customer Care team will listen to you or your Advocacy Worker, will find out what the problem is and will make sure that your problem is dealt with.

    Your problem can be resolved in 1, 2 or 3 stages.

    You can stop the process at any time or once your problem has been resolved. If not, you can take it to the next level.

    If you are happy with our services or if you have an idea about how to make our services better…

    Tell us by using one of the contacts above.

    Complaints stages

    Stage 1


    A Team Manager or Unit Manager who knows about you will look into your complaint


    The Manager will write to you within 10 days

    What if I am not happy?

    You can go to stage 2

    Stage 2


    An Investigating Officer from outside Social Care who does not know you will investigate your complaint.

    An Independent Person from outside Bradford Children and Families Trust will oversee the process to ensure that your views are taken into account.

    The will meet with you and discuss your problem. Your Advocacy Worker can be there as well to support you.


    The investigators will send their report to the Adjudicating Officer who will write to you within 25 days.

    What if I am not happy?

    You can take it to stage 3.

    Stage 3


    A Panel made of 3 Independent People (who do not work for Bradford Children and Families Trust) will meet you (if you want to), your Advocacy Worker, the people who investigated in stage 2, the Complaints Manager and the Adjudicating Officer.


    They will send their views to the Social Care and Practice Executive Director who will write to you within 15 days.

    What if I am not happy?

    You can take it to the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman (LGSCO), an independent organisation that investigates Local Authorities.