Our core data protection obligations and commitments are set out in Bradford Children and Families Trust’s (the Trust) main Privacy Notice .
This notice provides additional privacy information for those accessing the Trust’s Information Governance service and describes how the Corporate Information Governance service collects, uses and shares personal information about you and the types of personal information we need to process, including information the law describes as ‘special’ because of its sensitivity.
Personal information we collect and use.
Information we collect and use
The information we collect will be the minimum we need to deliver our service and will include the following personal data:
- contact details
- date of birth
- proof of identity (we ask for this in relation to a data subject request)
How we use your personal information
We collect your personal information for the following purposes:
- The processing of Freedom of Information requests
- Responding to Data Subject Requests
- Responding to requests for information covered by the Environmental Information Regulations
- Dealing with all Data Protection matters including any alleged data security incidents and /or personal data breaches
How long your personal data will be kept.
We will hold your personal information in line with the Trust’s retention schedule. At its expiry date the information will be reviewed, and only retained where there is an ongoing requirement to retain for a statutory or legal purpose. Following this your personal information will be securely destroyed.
Reasons we can collect and use your personal information
The lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal data is that
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller.
We hold the information in line with the following legislation:
- Freedom of Information Act 2000
- Environmental Information Regulations 2004
- Data Protection Act 2018
- UK General Data Processing Regulation (GDPR)
Who we share you personal information with
We may sometimes share the information that we have collected about you where it is necessary, lawful and fair to do so. We may share information with the following for these purposes:
- Other internal Trust departments
- Bradford Council
- Other Local Councils
- The Information Commissioner
- The Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman
- Local health providers
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security incidents and we will notify you and the appropriate regulator of any incident where we are legally required to do so.
When computers make any decision about you
The Information Governance service does not make or use any automated decisions.
When your data gets sent to other countries
We do not send any information we collect about you outside the United Kingdom.
Rights for individuals under UK GDPR
What are your rights?
Please contact the Information Governance Team at firstname.lastname@example.org to exercise any of your rights, or if you have a complaint about why your information has been collected, how it has been used or how long we have kept it for.
You can contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com or write to: Data Protection Officer, Sir Henry Mitchell House, 4 Manchester Road, Bradford, BD5 0QL
The UK GDPR also gives you the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office who are the supervisory authority responsible to regulate and monitor the legislative obligations within the UK and can be contacted on 03031 231113.